If you are active on forums where Android users meet, you will notice that they talk alot about “rooting” their Android phones and tablets; the same way iPhone an iPad users talk about jailbreaking their Apple devices. This might make you to wonder, whether to root or not to root your Tecno phone.
Rooting your Tecno Android phone simply lets you get around the limitations of the Android OS on your Tecno phone. You will gain root access, so you can customize your Tecno to a greater degree. If you root your Tecno, you will be able to free up memory, install custom ROMs and run some special apps that require a root eg DroidVPN app. The process involves backing up your current OS and then flashing (installing) a new custom ROM (modified version of Android).
Advantages of Rooting Tecno Android Phones
1. When you root, you will be able to use a lot of amazing must-have apps eg apps that let you browse free, apps that let you completely block advertisements.
2. You will be able to uninstall apps that prove stubborn to be removed from your Tecno
3. You will be able to set up wireless tethering, even if it has been disabled by default
4. You will be able to move installed applications to your SD card, thus freeing up system memory for additional files or apps.
5. You will be able to install custom ROMs that will let you do amazing things with your phone. You can read Lifehacker’s 10 reasons to root your Android phone for more info.
Disadvantages of Rooting Tecno Android Phones
1. If you need to send your Tecno back for repair at a Tecno service center, rooting will be used as an excuse to void your warranty. You are on your own unless you can unroot it before returning it to them.
2. You run a small risk of bricking your Tecno phone if you over tamper it. The phone is dead when it has been “bricked.” Always ensure you follow instructions carefully when rooting or you give your phone to a geek that can root it for you.
3. Rooting could create a security vulnerability, thereby running the risk of introducing a virus to your phone.
4. Some apps will not work on a rooted device because of security risks. For example, Google refuses to support the Google Wallet service for rooted devices.
Now that you know some advantages and disadvantaged of rooting your Tecno Android phone, I believe you can now decide whether to root or not.
Have you tried rooting your Tecno N3, d5, M7, N7, F7, F8? Did you have a positive experience? Would you recommend rooting to others? Please share your thoughts via comments.
I will be sharing with you how to root your Tecno phone with one click without using PC and also how to unroot your Tecno Android phones. So, ensure to subscribe to this blog if you don’t want to miss the posts.