Nowadays you can hardly imagine a home without at least one computer device. About a decade ago most of the devices were traditional desktop computers, but since those times laptops have gotten a huge boost in popularity. Both types of computers have their own advantages and drawbacks, and today we’ll help you figure out which one is the right for you.
You have a dozens of ways to shop for a new laptop or a desktop, but shopping on Jiji, one of the largest Nigerian marketplaces, can help you save a lot of money while still enjoying flawless service and excellent quality of the goods. Browse the selection of computers and laptops on Jiji and find your ideal device today!
Desktop PC advantages
Here is why a desktop PC may be a better choice compared to a laptop:
- More power – although laptops have come a long way, high-end desktop computers are nearly always more powerful than expensive laptops, which is crucial for gamers, designers, programmers, video editors, and many other users.
- Easier upgrades – whenever you want to add more power to your computer, change the graphics card or expand RAM, you can do it by simply opening up your PC case and installing the newer piece of hardware. Hardware upgrades on laptops, on the contrary, require much more work and technical skills.
- Better controls – every desktop PC comes with a keyboard and a mouse that are incredibly comfortable to use. Laptop keyboards usually have smaller keys, which is less comfortable for some users. Plus, smaller laptops miss the number pad on the right, which is why it can take you a while to get adjusted to a laptop keyboard.
- Portability – out of all computer-related devices, there is not a single one that is as easy to transport as a laptop. You can take your laptop anywhere while still being able to enjoy all of the benefits of a computer, which is not something you can experience with a tablet or other portable device.
- Easy use – all it takes for a laptop to start working is for you to press the start button, given that your laptop is fully charged. Compared to a desktop PC, which requires a dozen of cables to be plugged in before you can turn it on, it’s definitely a quicker and more efficient way to get straight to work.
- Screen size – unless you’re planning to get a mini-laptop with a 10-12 inch screen, a normal-sized laptop has the right screen size for most users. The majority of laptops produced today have a 15-16 inch screen that allows you to do all kinds of work while still enjoying the ultimate portability of the device.
Plus, if you need a bigger screen size for work, you can always connect your laptop to an external monitor.