Asus Zenfone Selfie Android phone comes preloaded with Asus Messaging app which allows users to easily set, check or change the Message center number (SMSC) for SIM 1 and SIM 2 on the Dual SIM Android smartphone.
If the wrong smsc is set for both SIMs, you will not be able to receive or send sms on your Asus Zenfone Selfie phone especially those running Android lollipop 5.0. So, if you notice that something is wrong with your messages, then probably the Message Centre Number is messed up.
So, How Do I Check, Set and Change SMSC Number?
- Open Asus Messaging app on your Zenfone Selfie
- Tap the three dots at the top right hand corner
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Text (sms) messages”
- Tap “SMSC setting”
- Confirm the message center number for SIM 1 is correct. Else enter the correct number, tap OK
- Tap on SIM 2, to check and set or change the message center number.
- Exit once you are done.
Send a text message to see if it works.
If you don’t know the message center number to use, you need to call your customer service and ask for the correct message centre number.
You can read more about the Asus Zenfone MEssage Settings.