As you may already be aware, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in conjunction with the Bankers Committee recently launched the Biometric Identification Project to provide a single biometric database for all banks’ customers nationwide.
Part of the requirements within this initiative is that customers enroll with their banks to get their unique Bank Verification Numbers (BVN), without which customers will not be able to transact in any bank after the deadline.
If you’ve enrolled elsewhere and would love to link your BVN to your First bank account, you can do it online without having to go to any First Bank branch.
How To Use First Bank BVN Form
Just go to : http://bvn.firstbanknigeria.com/form/ and fill in the details as required.
Benefits of BVN
- Your BVN gives you a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (it is not peculiar to one Bank)
- It can be used for easy identification and verification at Point of Banking operations.
- Your Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access
- It reduces fraudulent activities on bank account
- Gives easy access to Banking operations
- Your BVN is accepted as a means of identification across ALL Nigerian Banks