When I opted in for Netflix Nigeria account for a free trial, I used my iTunes account to complete the registration. Unfortunately, I didn’t know that my Netflix subscription was set to renew itself automatically after 30days until I received a debit alert that my payment for one month Netflix subscription is successful.
Immediately, I googled for how I can turn off iTunes auto renewal of Netflix subscription. I stumbled on a guide that worked and I have decided to share it with you in this post.
How To Turn Off Netflix Auto Renewal in iTunes
To cancel your iTunes billing for Netflix, open iTunes on your Apple mobile device and follow the steps below.
Cancel Netflix through your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You may need to sign in.
- Under Subscriptions, tap Manage.
- Tap Netflix.
- Turn off Automatic Renewal to cancel a subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
- To resume your Netflix account with Netflix billing, you can restart your membership from the Your Account page on the Netflix website.
If you don’t see a Netflix subscription via iTunes and are still being charged, make sure that you’re signed in with the correct Apple ID. If so, you might have subscribed directly through Netflix and not through iTunes. In this case, all you need to do is click the Cancel Membership link on the Your Account page.
To cancel Netflix using the iTunes software installed on your computer, sign in, select your name and select “Account Info” from the drop down. Scroll to “Settings” on the “Account information” screen. To the right of “Subscriptions”, Select “Manage” > “Edit”. Then, cancel the auto- renewal.