The iPhone 6 is a standout amongst the most expected smartphones of 2014, and with Apple’s iphone 5s now nine months old, iPhone 6 rumours are coming in fast.
While the history books recommend that there will be a new iPhone 6 release date around September/October 2014, bits of gossip did propose that Apple would dispatch the next generation iPhone at its WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) keynote on 2 June. Apple rather utilized the occasion to unveil ios 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite, so no new iPhone simply yet, people.
The Mirror reported that according to a “leaked report” made available to them, the iPhone 6 will launch on September 19 – and the 4.7inch handset is slated to be released in two versions – 32GB and 62GB. Furthermore, the site MacRumors has slated a release for the third Friday of the ninth month which is in accordance with past launches.
A late iPhone 6 release date rumour to arrive, and one that we think is most likely genuine, is that Apple workers have been advised that they are not able to take some particular dates in September as holiday. That is normally a sign that something big is coming on those days, so we’re completely expecting it’ll be the iPhone 6.
iPhone 6 rumours at a glance
- iPhone 6 Release date: September 2014
- iPhone 6 Screen sizes: 4.7- to 5.5-inches (or both)
- iPhone 6 Price: Same as existing: 16GB £549, 32GB £629, 64GB £709
- iPhone 6 possible new features:
- Up to 128GB internal storage or expandable storage
- Better camera
- New iOS 8 operating system
- Heart rate EarPods
- NFC chip
- A8 processor
- Wireless charging
- Will work with Apple’s rumoured iWatch
- Sapphire glass and LiquidMetal design
You can check the price of iPhone 6 in Nigeria here.