BBM Private Chat simply allows you to chat and share with confidence without the fear of someone saving your chats or taking screenshots of your chats.
By starting a private chat, you can ensure that your sensitive messages are kept discreet, and that the secret remains a secret. No names are displayed, no profile pictures, and the chat ends automatically after a short period of time.
So, if anyone takes a screenshot of a private chat, the screenshot will be useless, because no one knows who said what!
More so, if someone decides the chat is over, the chat is deleted from both sides. Awesome, right? 😉
Below is a screenshot of a private chat on bbm :
And below is a screenshot of a bbm chat that is not private.
I hope you can spot the difference.
Private Chat is included in the new Privacy and Control Subscription, which replaces the existing Timed and Retracted Messages Subscription.
Included in the Privacy and Control Subscription, you get:
- Private Chat
- Timed messages and pictures
- Retract messages and pictures
- Edit Message (Which is also new to the subscription. Made a mistake? Now you can retract it, change it, and send your message again.)
The Privacy and Control bundle is $0.99 per month.
Kindly take note of the guidelines suggested below before you get started with Private Chat:
- Do not mention each other’s name in the chat so as to make it completely private.
- If someone decides the chat is over, the chat is deleted from both sides. This gives you the freedom to chat freely knowing what you say will be deleted from the other user’s device.
- Only two people can have a Private Chat at a time. As names and profiles will not be displayed in Private Chat, it is limited to two users to avoid confusion regarding who is saying what.
- Only one Private Chat at a time can be had, as multiple private chats occurring at the same time could create confusion.
- You need to stay engaged in Private Chat. In case you forget about the chat or, leave it inactive for a minute or so, the chat will be deleted from both sides.
So, update your BBM and start chatting, gossiping, and planning surprise parties with confidence.