A December update for the Google Pixel family is now rolling out. This update will be available to the Pixel 2, 2XL, Pixel 3, 3XL, 3a, and 3a XL. The Pixel 4 and 4 XL are to get their December update next week.
There is mention of some improvements to face unlock, so we might expect to see the Pixel 4 and 4 XL face unlock updated with improved security.
Other fixes that come along with update include:
- Fix for static noise in Spotify – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for background audio static in third-party camera apps – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Dark mode support in bootloader – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for lost Bluetooth pairing information – Pixel 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for pairing with Garmin devices – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for display flicker in various use cases – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Improve haptics vibration intensity in certain use cases – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for misaligned device orientation in certain cases – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for Google Pay card display in power menu – Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4 and 4 XL