You have a Dual-SIM Android smartphone and wanted to have both the SIM cards activated for WhatsApp, because you wanted to chat with both personal and professional contacts at the same time? you are still figuring what to do; worry no more as a separate app can be now used for your other number. It’s an app developed by one of them at the XDA Developers forum and it’s called OGWhatsApp.
You don’t have to worry about the problems of rooting coz you won’t need to. You don’t have to worry about deleting your original WhatsApp coz you won’t need to.
Features of OGWhatsApp app for Android
- Use two numbers at the same time on one device
- Take a backup of data from WhatsApp and restore to OGWhatsApp
- Choose the app icon
- Copy the status of contacts
- Best feature – no need to download images or videos, can preview directly without downloading
- Needs MX Player for playing videos online
- Functioning of chat is all same like WhatsApp
How To Install OGWhatsApp On Android Phone
- Installing the app is just like any other app on Android, using the apk file after you allow the installation from external sources. But before installing, here’s what you need to do to make sure the data from the original WhatsApp comes to the new app too.
- Take a backup of the WhatsApp messages
- In the file manager, change the folder name of /sdcard/WhatsApp to /sdcard/OGWhatsApp
- Download the OGWhatsApp apk file here
- Now re-install WhatsApp from Play Store. Re-register the original WhatsApp account and a new account with the original WhatsApp app.
Done. Check your home screen or the app drawer, and you can use both the apps one for each number. Don’t try to play around with the phone number settings once the installation is done and you are using two numbers in the two apps separately. If you are not able to install it properly, do comment below with your queries and we would be happy in assisting you with the same.